Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
Natalie Kapeluck Nixon– Director
PO Box 869
Carnegie, PA 15106
September 1, 2016
Dear Reverend Fathers and Youth Workers,
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
With the blessing of our Hierarchs, we are pleased to announce entries for the 2nd Annual Faith & Photography Contest are now being accepted.
The Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry wants to encourage youth and young adults to explore their creative talents and to glorify God through art, with the opportunities presented in this contest.
Part of our mission, is to provide youth and college aged young adults the opportunity to become more involved with their faith, while showcasing the talented and creative youth we have within in our Ukrainian Orthodox Churches. We want our youth to realize that having fun and utilizing creativity can be manifested in a project that shows how they correlate their life with their faith.
Provided in this packet are the rules and entry information for the contest. We ask that you encourage all youth and college students to participate. Deadline for entries is October 31st. Prizes will be awarded for first and second place. To broaden the experience and best utilize social media, we will be allowing individuals to view the submissions on-line and vote for their favorite! A People's Choice winner will be awarded in each category.
Questions about the contest may be made to the Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry at email@example.com.
In Christ's Love,
Natalie Kapeluck Nixon
Faith & Photography Contest
1. Inappropriate language or images will not be tolerated in the submissions. (i.e. no photo should be taken in the bathroom/restroom)
2. The parent/guardian of the contestant should not be responsible for taking the photo. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has an right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
3. There is no limit as to where you can take the photo as long as it is in accordance with rule #1 (i.e., in church, Outside, inside, park)
4. If the individuals, other than family members, are in the photo a media consent form (provided in this packet) should be signed by the individual or their parent if under the age of 18.
5. The participant should provide an explanation of the photo, what the photo means to them and how it correlates to the topic/theme. (elementary:1-2 sentences) (middle/secondary: 2-3) (high school/college: 3-4 sentences)
6. Theme should be identifiable (not a small and/or hard to miss detail).
7. Photo should have special meaning to the contestant.
8. We are not responsible for any loss of photo. The photo submission should be sent to Josh Oryhon at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Instagram by tagging @UOCofUSA.
9. The photo must be in digital format. Any digital enhancements to the original photograph are unacceptable and will render the photograph ineligible for an award.
10. All submissions must be either JPEG or PNG file formats.
11. All submissions must be at least 1600 pixels wide (or tall if a vertical image), but 2,048 pixels is preferred
12. Final day for submissions is November 15, 2016.
13. Contestant are willing to release rights to the photo to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA for use in future publications not limited to print and social media.