UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF THE USA
CONSISTORY OFFICE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
All Saints Camp Manager – Position Available
The Consistory of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA opens an active search for a Manager position of All Saints Ukrainian Orthodox Church Camp in Emlenton, PA
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Camp Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Camp, and must balance the quality of each program delivery (camper experience), facility utilization, fiscal responsibility, and staff development/motivation, while working in concert with the Maintenance Manager to address Camp area improvements. The Camp Manager is employed by the Consistory of the UOC of the USA, and reports to the President of the Consistory through the Camp Committee Chairperson, and presents activity reports at All Saints Camp Committee Meetings.
● Serve and manage the Camp as an extension of the Ukrainian Orthodox Camping Ministry of the UOC of the USA.
● Develop the grounds and facilities and the delivery of services that position the Camp as a leading facility provider in the community
● Supervise, train, and develop a strong team of staff
● Assist in the preparation and operate within the Camp budget in order to achieve the short term and long term objectives of the Camp
● Market the camp to secure new renters
● Plan, order, and prepare flexible food plans for the encampments and then execute such plans to meet the budget and customer needs
● Oversee the kitchen staff, the food ordering, and preparation process
● Inspect camp facilities prior to arrival of encampments for condition of cabins, pool, buildings, kitchen, restrooms, and equipment
● Inspect facilities prior to the encampments' departure to determine any damage assessments
● Work closely with the Encampment Directors prior to and during programs to ensure success of such programs
● Work collaboratively with Maintenance manager on facility projects and improvements to assign maintenance staff to camp maintenance duties in areas such as painting, plumbing, and carpentry; and inspect completed work, utilizing experience and knowledge. Communicate with the Camp Committee when it is determined that maintenance work should be completed by outside contractors
● Prepare encampment contracts, collects fees, and issues receipts
● Develop and maintain adequate means and records to evaluate, control, and measure the effectiveness of assigned area of responsibilities
● Manage staff hours and compensation
● Maintain all required Camp certifications including health and safety requirements
● Carry out administrative tasks that include sending and responding to emails as required, attending Committee Meetings etc.
● Give tours and facilitate, coordinate, and manage Camp registration information before, during and after encampments, etc.
● Maximize the utilization of the Camp and the overall Camp experience
● Communicate regularly with the Consistory President of the UOC of the USA
This position requires an individual who:
● is an Orthodox Christian in good standing
● has an enthusiastic personality and the ability to develop harmonious relationships with staff members and volunteers, while representing the camp well when working with renters and encampment directors
● possesses strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking
● demonstrates excellent presentation and verbal communication skills (Ukrainian fluency a plus)
CPR and First Aid Certifications and previous summer camp experience are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and supporting documents to the following address:
All Saints U.O.C. Camp – Manager Position C/O Fr. Timothy Thompson
1445 Washington Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
Or email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org