The Archdiocesan/Metropolia Center, located in Franklin Township and South Bound Brook, New Jersey was established in 1952 and dedicated to St. Andrew the First-called Apostle and Evangelizer of Ukraine. The center serves as the headquarters of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople) - a Metropolia. The Center is administered by the Consistory, which also has oversees 115 parishes, two monastaries, five missions, the Church's lay organizations - the Junior and Senior Ukrainian Orthodox Leagues, the United Ukrainian Orthodox Sisterhoods and St. Andrew Ukrainian Orthodox Society and All Saints Ukrainian Orthodox Camp. The Center serves as the spiritual, educational and cultural center for all most Ukrainian Orthodox Christians outside of Ukraine.
Located within the Metropolia Center Complex are:
- St. Sophia Seminary and Library, founded in 1975.
- St. Andrew Memorial Church, completed and consecrated in 1967 in memory of the 7-14 million innocent people murdered by the Ukrainian famine of 1932-33 created by Josef Stalin's Soviet government.
- St. Andrew Cemetery, founded in 1952 and consisting of more than 9,000 graves.
- The Ukrainian Orthodox Church Museum, founded in 1972, which contains priceless treasures of Ukrainian cultural, historical, social, religious, literary and political life.
- The Ukrainian Cultural Center, dedicated in 1985, the main building of which serves as a gathering place for many and varied church functions and activities like Church Sobors and Clergy Conferences.
- St. Andrew Ukrainian School, founded in 1962 and located in the Cultural Center.
- The Consistory Administrative Offices, dedicated in 1988, the nerve center of the Metropolia.
- St. Andrew Bookstore and Ecclesiastical Supply, founded in 1992.
- The historic Fisher Manor, built in 1688, the home of Heinrich Fisher, New Jersey's delegate to the Continental Congress, and the site of the Fisher Family Cemetery, both part of the Fisher estate, which was the nucleus of our original property purchase.
Located beneath the Memorial Church is the crypt of His Holiness Patriarch Mstyslav I, the first Patriarch of the reborn Church in Ukraine. He was elected in 1990 and served until his death in 1993 at the age of 95.
Directions to the Metropolia Center may be found by clicking here
We invite our readers to make arrangements with us to visit the Center individually or in groups. We would be happy assist you in any way. Please call the Consistory at 732-356-0090